Saturday, December 02, 2006

Bowl Games and Indians

Somehow the Chippewas from Central Michigan University (my alma mater) are actually going to a bowl game. They will be playing a "as yet to be determined" team in the Motor City Bowl on December 26th. The last time CMU went to a bowl game was 1994, when they played in... wait for it... the LAS VEGAS Bowl.
I moved to Las Vegas, and now CMU is in a bowl game again. Coincidence? I don't think so! ;^)

Speaking of CMU football, I still think it sucks that students aren't allowed to dress up as Chippewas for games any more (even though the Saginaw Chippewa Indian Tribe has expressed that they are not offended by it!!). Then again, it's doubful that CMU's administration will be in charge of security at the Motor City Bowl... so I emplore all CMU students to put on a Chippewa costume, and go support CMU at the game!

I don't care much about sports (except for the UFC), but even I am impressed with this year's MAC conference win. Yes, I'll actually say it... Fire up Chips!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home