Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Yellowcard


I saw Yellowcard tonight with Rachel at Rose Arena (CMU). It was a good show! The two opening bands went on a bit long, and some of the "kiddies" in front of us were trying a bit too hard to prove what a crazy time they were having, but Yellowcard made up for it when they took the stage. It was the first and only time I've ever seen a violinist do a back-flip off of a stage monitor. [Of course the only other rock band I've seen with a violinist is Kansas.] Surprisingly tonight they even played my favorite Yellowcard song ("Back Home"), which I didn't expect, because it wasn't a popular song of theirs. Rose Arena is excellent as a concert venue, because it's so damn small. You can get close to the bands without really trying.

The concert was cool, but I must admit I'm feeling a bit confused about some things tonight. Of course that is definitely NOT new territory for me! I think too damn much about things. I suppose it's better than being shallow, vapid, and unthinking... But sometimes I envy those types of people just a little bit, even though I shouldn't.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home